How do you deal with a drawdown? In this episode of ‘Engineered Trading Mindset Experts Talk’ show, Dr Ernest Chan Managing Member of QTS Capital Management talks openly about how a physics expert came into trading and subsequently lost $100K.
(You’ll learn how he came back from that disaster in the show.)
Dr Chan shares with us why in the futures market a ‘one size fits all’ mentality definitely isn’t the best policy.
“In This Episode You’ll Learn…”
- What is a key ingredient for trading success? It’s summed up in the show in just one word.
- When does a strength become a weakness? Learn what helps in physics becomes a potential liability in trading.
- Do you keep yourself in shape? My expert guest shares why he thinks you should.
- How do drawdowns affect you? Listen to this crucial piece of advice.
- Can you rely on intuition? You might be surprised what my guest thinks.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
[Trading Advice] EP Chan & Associates
[Investing Advice] QTS Capital Management, LLC.
Books recommended in the show (available from Amazon):
Machine Trading: Deploying Computer Algorithms to Conquer the Markets – Dr Ernest Chan (Wiley)
Algorithmic Trading: Winning Strategies and Their Rationale – Dr Ernest Chan (Wiley)
Quantitative Trading: How to Build Your Own Algorithmic Trading Business – Dr Ernest Chan (Wiley)
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. We’d love to hear what you think so please leave a comment below and a review on iTunes would be much appreciated!
(full disclosure – by clicking the links and purchasing the books or other products shown, you help to support this podcast through affiliate commission. Thank you!)